What to expect if you have not had a spray tan before at our salon. With so much more being written about staying safe in the sun, it’s no surprise that spray tans are very popular especially at this time of year when our summer tans are fading fast.
- It’s best to turn up foundation-free, also remove any deodorant, which may act as a barrier to the fake tan formula.
- Remove all jewellery and get to grips with the accessories provided.
- Next disposable pants (or a thong – in which case make sure you get it on the right way round!). Next, a hair net or turban and finally, sticky feet for you to step onto – they help to avoid getting fake tan on your soles.
- The therapist will then ask you “how dark” you want to go.
- Next, you will go into the tanning ‘tent’ (a one-person pod with an open front) and the therapist will usually start by applying the formula, dispersed through a spray gun, to your face.
- Although every therapist tans differently, they’ll usually work their way down the body doing the front first and then your back.
Follow instructions on how to stand. It might be a case of “left arm up, right arm forwards while you bend your knees” at some points. but while you may feel silly it’s easy to follow. Then when you are dry you get dressed.